The first week of June ended with Americans who watched televised hearings in the House of Representatives into the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol and then-President Donald Trump’s efforts to reverse his election loss to Joe Biden.
Politicians and special interests including Trump himself are using the hearings in appeals for donations.
‘War Scene,’ Ivanka, Trump Tweet: Key Points From Jan. 6 Hearing
The House committee presented evidence that could focus new attention on the assault ahead of midterm congressional ballots and add detail to a record Trump will have to confront if he seeks re-election in 2024, Mike Dorning and Billy House report.
- Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, said in a video message that she believed there was no evidence of fraud sufficient to change the 2020 election’s outcome.
Edwards, who suffered a brain injury, appeared at Thursday’s hearing, the first of seven sessions. “I couldn’t believe my eyes; there were officers on the ground, they were bleeding, they were throwing up,” she said. “I was slipping in people’s blood.”
Ukraine Likely to Win Initial EU Backing for Path to Membership
The European Union’s executive arm is expected to says next week that Ukraine should be granted candidate status, a key step on the long path to EU membership, sources say. As Jorge Valero and Alberto Nardelli report, the recommendation would come with conditions linked to the rule of law and anti-corruption legislation.
- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen paid an unannounced visit to Kyiv on Saturday in a boost to Ukraine’s bid to join the EU.
- Ukraine’s finance chief said it must clinch a new loan program with the International Monetary Fund as efforts to fight off invading Russian forces push its budget and international reserves to the limit.
Despite surviving a no-confidence vote, Boris Johnson is engaged in a day-to-day fight to hold on to his UK premiership.
Russia Is in Topsy-Turvy World Where Belarus Tops German Exports
Russian efforts to rewire trade flows and bypass sanctions for the war in Ukraine can’t make up for the collapse in imports. For the first time, Belarus, in April leapfrogged Germany — an economy more than 60 times bigger — by the value of imports to Russia, according to a Bloomberg analysis of the latest data.
- Iran’s painful experience of dealing with Western sanctions carries warning signs for Russia.
Beijing and Shanghai both resumed mass testing for Covid-19 as new outbreaks emerged just days after the two key Chinese cities eased social curbs that had been in place for months.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky urging the European Union to grant his country “immediate” membership
- NYT selection of articles for the first part of June
- Right-wing fundamentalist Christians to dictate the U.S.A.
- One year ago people who said they love America stormed the Capitol
- The Moral Character of Public Officials: Remembering January 6
- Christian nationalism is shaping a Pennsylvania primary — and a GOP shift
- NYT selection of articles for the first part of June
- Greg Evans from the Independent presenting the 2022 June 15 Indy100 newsletter.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky, addressing a European Parliament emergency session via videolink
- President of Ukraine met with the Speakers of the Parliaments of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia who arrived in Kyiv
- 2021 in review #1 the most startling point
- One year ago a sacred place was attacked
- Key Takeaways From The Jan. 6 Committee’s First Public Hearing
- The Hits Keep Coming
- The Jan. 6 hearings are exposing just how divided America has become
- American journalism’s moment of truth: follow the Capitol riot story to the very end
- Jan. 6 and the dishonor that will remain
- Plan for Mike Pence to reject electors ‘nuts,’ ‘crazy’: Jan. 6 panel
- Jan. 6 Committee Hearings Show What Went Right, Not Just What Went Wrong
- Jan. 6 hearings: What we’ve learned, and what’s next
- Jan. 6 panel hears DOJ officials’ testimony
- Prosecution of Donald Trump
- Jan. 6 panel to hold surprise hearing, present new evidence
- Watch live: Former Meadows aide testifies at last-minute Jan. 6 hearing
- Watch: Jan. 6 hearing featured White House aide
- Walls are closing in on the Teflon Donald who acts like a mob boss
- A Republican narrative
- Secret Service pledges response to Trump motorcade allegations
- Star witness Hutchinson crashing like J6 Committee plus grateful for Clarence Thomas
- Jan. 6 panel may make criminal referral on witness tampering, Cheney says
- WSJ Opinion: The Jan. 6 Witness Testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson
- The Reasons Why Donald Trump May Announce His 2024 Presidential Campaign Shortly (and the one reason that is absolutely not true)
- The January 6 Committee Matters
- The January 6 Committee’s Futile Prime-Time Political Ad
- Read the docs: Rep Jim Jordan Issues Scathing Letter to Jan 6 Committee
- January 6th Hearings
- Watch: Jan. 6 Committee Plays Never-Before-Seen Video of Capitol Attack
- What the January 6 Committee Hearing Left Out
- 1/6 panel postpones Wednesday’s hearing with ex-Justice Dept. officials
- GOP’s Rice loses House seat after voting to impeach Trump
- Lessons from the January 6 CommitteeWe Shall Fight
- Grlić Radman expressed Croatian support to BiH membership in the EU
- Will the Russian War in Ukraine reset World diplomacy?
- Zelensky requested EU membership again with EU
- EU membership of Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia
- European Movement in Scotland backs EU membership for Ukraine
- Ukraine starts the process for EU membership
- European Union – The challenge of differences between Member States
- Europe steps up support for Ukraine as Russia presses offensive
- Zelensky expects Russia to intensify fighting ahead of EU membership decision
- EU weighs Ukraine candidacy as Russia inflicts hell in East
- Point 92: Terrorist Putin will increase the escalation
- 07/01/22 Antiwar: Putin Says Western Sanctions Speeding Up Russia-Belarus Unification
- Lukashenko says Belarus intercepted attempted missile strikes by Ukraine
- Ukraine war: Belarussian senior officers turn on Putin as top ranked troops rebel | World | News
- Russo-Ukrainian War 7/2/22
- Belarus leader stands with Russia in its military drive in Ukraine
- How is Russia attacking Ukraine from Belarus?
- 07/04/22 Antiwar: Belarus Says Intercepts Missiles Fired By Ukraine Targeting Its Military Facilities
- UK to introduce new sanctions on Belarus and Russian media