Today it is one year ago that the whole world could see how some lunatics followed one great lunatic who for some years had done everything to have the Americans to believe that the Press is corrupted and is spreading all the time false or fake news.
For months the 45th president of the United States has done everything to create division in that great America, that instead making it great again he destroyed step by step.
Even when his favourite television station requested their ‘master’ to call back his supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol, the president did not such a thing but encouraged them by his words and corporal language. Three Fox News hosts known for supporting the president texted his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, calling on Trump to speak out against what was unfolding.
“Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home,”
primetime host Laura Ingraham said in one such message.
“This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy.”
The alarm that Ingraham and fellow hosts Sean Hannity and Brian Kilmeade sounded in their urgent messages to Meadows represented a striking departure from some of the public comments they delivered on the Fox News airwaves that day. On various programs, they played down the violence and, in some cases, suggested that antifa may have been to blame. But it was not an anti-fascist movement going on. Just the opposite, it was people following their leader, Donald Trump, who was and still is, an inciter to discord and hatred.
Trump, some right-wing media figures and some Republican members of Congress afterwards have mounted a sustained effort to rewrite the history of that deadly day, which was a day when several Americans wanted to undermine the democracy. In any case the whole world could see it in life, on television, how the American democracy was under threat. There they saw so called Christians acting horribly, attacking national forces, even throwing police officers down on the floor but also one floor down, and pressing one officer between a door whilst beating him insanely. We clearly could also see the sort of people Trump had gotten behind him, like members of the Ku Klux Klan and several right wing militias.
All the world witnessed how the bloodlust of patriarchal white supremacy brought this evil impulse and could bring a whole nation into danger, igniting a civil war. We could even see people marching the Capitol who normally had the duty as police officers to keep law and order and to protect America.
To storm the capital building, disrupting the lawful order and actions of the United States Congress, and resulting in violence could not go uncommented nor unpunished.
One year after the horrible event, Joe Biden in his calm manner, made one of the most passionate addresses of his still-young presidency as he harkened back to critical moments from the nation’s past, casting the assault as a living symbol of the inflexion point in American history he so often speaks about.
“For the first time in our history, a President had not just lost an election. He tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power as a violent mob reached the Capitol.”
Probably a lot of people had it in their head, knowing we have to deal with someone who cannot stand his loss and was not going to take no for an answer. Though America may be lucky that mad crowd did not succeed to get to the people they wanted and would have lynched. Their hate face spoke clear language, that they would not give up on punishing those who prevented Trump with death.
Biden said in a speech from the US Capitol that lasted just under 30 minutes:
“But they failed. They failed. And on this day of remembrance, we must make sure that such an attack never, never happens again.”
Biden recognised and dared to say it openly that Trump his bruised ego matters more to him than the democracy or the American Constitution.
In December U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan admonished Robert Scott Palmer and the so-called patriot movement during her final statement, according to The Washington Post. Palmer was so tanked up on right-wing propaganda, thought he could fight police on TV and not suffer any repercussions. And that was lots of those attackers did, even thinking Trump would come at their rescue. Later in the year we saw an interview where an attacker said how displeased he was with Trump’s subsequent distancing and how he now felt betrayed by the very Trump who had called on him to fight for America and for the return of the illegally taken presidential seat. He as a patriot felled abandoned by the President of America.
“Look behind you,”
said Chutkan to Palmer.
“Those are U.S. marshals. They ran from this courthouse. They put themselves in danger to protect the occupants of the Capitol. That’s what they’re sworn to do. They’re the patriots. The people working in the Capitol that night, they are patriots.”
What a lot of Trump followers do not understand is that they just were used by that 45th president of America, to get his goal. Palmer, like so many who fell for Trump’s riotous words, will have to come to realise that while he destroyed his life, help isn’t coming. He shall have to see that Donald Trump, the Great White Hope, won’t lift a finger to help the people who ruined their lives for him. That is also what we heard from some interviewed protesters who did not go to work on 6 January to defend their homeland and storm the Capitol for Trump.
But that’s the way it works for Trump. He demands total loyalty from his people but is quick to turn on them. And he will not give any shit that those people been shown on television, would have lost their job and income or even lost months of their life by imprisonment.
The pawns in the hands of Trump may find their lives ruined, whilst Trump shall continue to demand attention and will continue to blame others for the difficulties in his country. Those protestors also shall come to see that Trump pardons people who grease his palms or people he owes favours such as neofascist, Steve Bannon. Ordinary Trump supporters will be left out, having to do their full terms in jail, Trump not knowing them and not wanting to know them, because for him they are losers.
What caused people to go so far for “their president”?
“A former President of the United States of America has created and spread a web of lies about the 2020 election. He’s done so because he values power over principle, because he sees his own interest as more important than his country’s interest and America’s interest,”
Joe Biden said today.
It was already incredible that Trump could become a president, but that so many would go by all his lies was even more unbelievable for us in Europe.
Biden again emphasised the core message of his 2020 presidential campaign and the reason why he ran against Trump:
“We are in a battle for the soul of America.”
The Americans should now understand or comprehend that their nation is seriously wounded. Joe Biden had therefore good reason to warn that democracy and the “promise of America” is at risk and to call on the American public to
“stand for the rule of law, to preserve the flame of democracy.”
The present 46th president of America, who is in favour of a united America, called for protecting voting rights across the nation and blasted Trump and his supporters for attempting to
“suppress your vote and subvert our elections.”
“It’s wrong. It’s undemocratic. And frankly it’s un-American,”
Biden said, at the same time asking the people not to get stuck by that one day, which is a blot on American democracy. For him it is time to step up and to write the next chapter in American history,
“for January 6 marks not the end of democracy, but the beginning of a renaissance of liberty and fair play,”
After his speech, Biden defended calling out Trump in such a direct way when asked by a reporter if he believed going after the former President would
“divide more than it heals.”
President Biden responded:
“The way you have to heal, you have to recognise the extent of the wound. You can’t pretend. This is serious stuff.”
“You’ve got to face it. That’s what great nations do. They face the truth, deal with it and move on,”
Let’s hope America can do that and shall not fall for the trap Trump is willing to set again for 2024.
- An other trait for faith in Jesus and his God
- Trump is proven wrong by the judge
- Right-wing fundamentalist Christians to dictate the U.S.A.
- Looking at 2021 in a nutshell
Find also to read
- Facts: Why they matter and how to check them
- Blinded crying blue murder having being made afraid by a bugaboo
- The clean sweeper of the whole caboodle
- Trump going over the top bringing a blasphemous act
- A president daring to use the Bible for underlining his hate speech
- 2019 was #2 a Year of much deceit in the U.S.A.
- He Becomes a Fool Through His Endless Desire
- The one that exploded the great American story that lay beneath it
- The Trump clan declares itself a Kennedy-like dynasty
- U.S.A. Investment in a demagogue
- Hollowness of democracy
- 2021 in review #1 the most startling point
- Stress-test for democracy #1 Storming of the Capitol in Washington
- Stress-test for democracy #2 A coup d’etat with bloodshed
- The death knell of an Empire
- Brainwashed Trump supporters invade state capitols around the nation
- The Big Lie
- This is the Full Fruit of Trumpism
- Let’s be clear about what we saw at the Capitol yesterday
- The Rape of Lady Democracy
- It Was Hate
- Storming of the Capital
- An alleged ‘key figure’ in Jan. 6 riot and two former police officers among Virginians charged in US Capitol attack
- Fake news and the storming of the Capitol
- Fighting off the Dark Side after the Storming of the Capitol
- Plum Delivered Nuts Safely: Biden’s Inauguration Takes Place Under Shadow of Division
- Two Protests: Washington and Minsk—What’s the Difference?
- 63. Caught in a crowd
- Men arrested in Las Vegas for alleged connection to storming the Capitol have hearing before judge
- Trump bears ‘unmistakable’ blame for inciting U.S. Capitol riots: impeachment filing
- The Capitol Riot: 1776 or Just Misguided?
- House of Representatives gives in to fear
- Why was Guard restricted in blocking mob?
- What Would Be the Impact of Democratic Decline in America on International Relations?
- Beyond Justice
- Unarmed patriot killed and America looks the other way
- Fla. man sentenced to 5 years for attacking police, the longest Jan. 6 riot sentence yet
- Robert Palmer Destroyed His Life for Trump. Let Him Be an Example
- A Message from First Selectman Bindelglass
- A Consequence That Has Been Years in the Making
- The Senate: “I’ve Got Five On It”
- Miller-Meeks Says Leave Trump Alone
- Have you no shame,
- For many Capitol Hill staffers, the trauma of Jan. 6 has never left
- Some Democrats see Jan. 6 riot as motivator against midterm apathy
- Ghost-Skins : To protect and serve.
- Capitol Ink | Under the rug
- January 6th & The American-Axis of Evil
- Biden’s Jan. 6 push for unity may ‘ring hollow’ in deeply divided nation
- President Biden is Right: The January 6, 2021 Assault on the Capitol was the Worst Attack on our Democracy since the Civil War.”
- The Faitheism Project Podcast, Episode #22: “Of Elections & Madness — What Time Is Is, America?”
- Video Discussing the Attack on the Capital