Russia now aims to occupy all of southern Ukraine as well as taking the Donbas in the east
The Telegraph April 22
Russia now aims to occupy all of southern Ukraine as well as taking the Donbas in the east, a top Russian commander said on Friday, indicating an expansion of Moscow’s war goals. Maj Gen Rustam Minnekayev, the deputy commander of the Russian central military district, said one of the current objectives for Russian troops in Ukraine was to gain “full control over the Donbas and southern Ukraine”.
“Control over the south of Ukraine is another way out to Transnistria, where there are also facts of oppression of the Russian-speaking population,”
he told a meeting in Yekaterinburg, quoted by Russian news agencies. Taking enough territory to reach Transnistria in neighbouring Moldova – if that is the goal – would require Russia to not only hold the territory it has seized so far, including Mariupol, but also to make gains further west, including the city of Odesa, where there has been relatively little fighting so far.
Russia announced this week that it isn’t just the Donbas area in eastern Ukraine it wants to seize but also the whole of the southern flank of Ukraine as well. Right up to the country of Moldova. However, Russia has said it no longer wants to take northern Ukraine and the capital Kyiv. Analysts have suggested that even taking the south would be highly ambitious, especially given the recent loss of the Moskva warship which would have provided aerial cover for an invasion of coastal cities. As we have shown many times in the WWW (and many years before the Russian invasion of Ukraine), ancient Magog covered the east and south of modern day Ukraine – as well as a huge swathe of southern Russia.
Son of man, set thy face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, Magog means “the land of Gog”. So really this verse says “Gog, of the land of Magog which is the land of Gog.” It is emphasizing Gog [Putin] will take this land. (Daniel 11:40)
Putin warns West with long-range Satan 2 missile
The Times, April 21, 2022
Russia has test-launched a new intercontinental ballistic missile capable of firing up to 15 nuclear warheads in a single strike, the Kremlin has claimed. The Russian Ministry of Defence announced the successful test of the ultra-advanced Sarmat missile, dubbed “Satan 2” by western analysts. President Putin was shown on state television watching the missile launch yesterday and boasting about its capabilities.
“The new missile is able to overcome all modern means of missile defence,”
“There is not — and won’t be — anything comparable in the world. This weapon will make those who try to threaten us in the heat of aggressive rhetoric think again.”
The long-range missile has been in development since the 2000s, according to the Russian news agency Tass. It is said to have a range of more than 10,000km (6,200 miles).
This missile is interesting because of what the Russians have called it. NATO dubbed it “Satan 2” but Russia called it the Sarmat after the Sarmatians (not Samaritans!).
The Sarmatians were a large Iranian confederation that existed in classical antiquity, flourishing from about the 5th century BCE to the 4th century CE. The Sarmatians started migrating westward around the 4th and 3rd centuries BCE, coming to dominate the closely related Scythians by 200 BCE. Their territory, which was known as Sarmatia corresponded to the western part of greater Scythia (mostly southern / eastern Ukraine and Southern Russia). Ancient Magog corresponds almost exactly to this territory. Josephus tells us that the Magogites were the same people as the Scythians. Therefore this missile is as good as named after Magog. Gog may possibly use it in the future…
Son of man, set thy face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: (Ezekiel 38:2)
Josephus refers to Magog son of Japheth as progenitor of Scythians, or peoples north of the Black Sea.
Weekly World Watch
- Swallowing up Crimea, who is next
- Adar Aleph the month Russia invaded Ukraine
- How the war in Ukraine will lead to the fulfilment of many Bible prophecies
- King of the North
- The world on the very brink of conflict
- Is the war with Gog and Magog different from Armageddon?
- Russia sends in tanks to quell Kazakhstan protests
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- Joe Biden warns Russia could attack next month
- President Biden threatened to impose personal sanctions on President Putin if Russia moves to invade Ukraine
- US bolsters Europe with 3,000 extra troops
- Putin’s ‘staged atrocity’ plan to justify Russian invasion of Ukraine
- PM warns Vladimir Putin against ‘tragic mistake’ as tensions rise with Ukraine
- Russia choose to start a war
- Putin’s Moves Toward War in Ukraine Show How Dangerous He Has Become
- Majority of US weapons promised to Ukraine in February delivered
- Sanctions are crippling the economy of ‘Fortress Russia’
- Surrounded by war crimes performing Russians
- Weapons of War as Fuel
- EU to snatch Kremlin’s oil and gas profits to rebuild Ukraine
- Pledges to send more military assistance to Ukraine and Russian warnings
- ‘Desperate’ Vladimir Putin may use tactical nuclear weapons, warns CIA chief
- The Magog War: Part One
- The Magog War: Part Two
- The Magog War Part Three
- The Russia Angle to Ezekiel 38… Czekmate
- Eschatology – Ezk 38-39: Gog and Magog
- Eschatology-Gog and Magog pt 2
- Russia Military Build and Ezekiel 39, Prophetic Considerations… Czekmate & Paul Lehr
- Who is Gog?🤔
- How to read Revelation and apocalyptic literature – Ezekiel 38 & 39, Part 2
- The Next Russian Invasion
- Ezekiel-Ezechiël 38-39 – The Magog invasion / De Magog invasie
- Is Russia the Magog from Ezekiel?
- The World’s Gone Crazy; What’s Next ? The War of Gog and Magog?
- Public appeal
- Prophecy Update: Is Russia and Ukraine the War of Gog and Magog?
- The hook in the mouth of the Gog…