It is unfortunate to note that many think communists are just fine with whatever Putin puts out. Many also think communists do not allow freedom of religion or religious thought and are therefore supposedly against Jews.
Many fail to see that people are against the actions (against Palestinians) of certain Jews in Israel and certain Zionist groups without therefore being against Judaism or an Israeli state. On that front, much more clarity needs to be given, and the false information sent out into the world by far-right Jewish or Israeli groups needs to be debunked.
Being against war and armament is also regularly misconstrued, as if the pacifist groups would just want to let the Russian Federation get away with it. We insist that people should avoid hopeless trench warfare and go more for consultation. In doing so, we also believe that it is within the capabilities of the pacifist countries to further exert more pressure on Russia, Ukraine but also the allied nations, with the United States and Great Britain leading the way.
- Questioning Canada’s contribution to NATO’s proxy war = “hate” to be shut down according to some Ukrainian groups mimicking Zionist organisations => promoting an identity politics laced cancel culture. => a way of behaving in a society or group, especially on social media, in which it is common to completely reject and stop supporting someone because they have said or done something that offends you
- Western Ukrainian Students’ Association sought to cancel Yves Engler’s talk at Kings College in London, Ontaria
- Yves Engler called an “apologist to a bloodthirsty regime … who spreads disinformation + uses Russian propaganda talking points.
- Yves Engler referred to the Russian invasion as “illegal” and “brutal” in dozens of articles & interviews + also challenged Canada’s role in provoking & escalating the conflict.
- Matthew Selinger, labelled Engler a “master of historical revisionism that runs in line with Russian propaganda.” > Carleton University still allowed these panellists & sponsoring groups to spread debunked Russian propaganda on campus. > Proposing Canada & Ukraine disarm + “stop NATO” exposes the speakers’ naiveté.
Without the West’s military aid, there would be no Ukraine. For that matter, no NATO means no Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia.
> “Peace with Russia” =/= an option when Ukraine’s sovereignty & freedom are on the table. => negotiate with a regime that denies Ukraine’s existence and uses genocidal rhetoric? Peace at all costs fails when aggressors like Russia are unrelenting.
- On March 14 parent organisation of the campus groups demanded federal government take action against “anti-Ukrainian hate”.
- 3 anti-Palestinian Jewish groups demanded “King’s University College not provide a podium for Engler to use to spread his hateful views.”
- attacks against Hamilton Centre NDP candidate (now Ontario MPP) Black female activist Sarah Jama = egregious example > smeared as anti-Jewish for having stood against apartheid
- From smearing individuals to promoting an anti-Palestinian definition of antisemitism, the Israel lobby promotes an identity politics infused cancel culture.
- right-wingers normally bashing cancel culture & identity politics stay mum about Zionist or NATO proxy warriors’ tactics.
By Yves Engler.
Questioning Canada’s contribution to NATO’s proxy war is “hate” that must be shut down according to some Ukrainian groups mimicking Zionist organizations by promoting an identity politics laced cancel culture.
A Ukrainian student group sought to cancel my talk at Kings College in London, Ontario, on Thursday. In “Western Ukrainian Students’ Association Statement on The King’s University College Yves Engler Event”, they called me an “apologist to a bloodthirsty regime … who spreads disinformation and uses Russian propaganda talking points.” They also argued that I “endanger victims of colonialism everywhere” and my speaking “may also incite violence on campus.” The statement boldly concluded, “we cannot allow a proponent of hateful disinformation and Russian propaganda on our campuses in any capacity.”
I have referred to the Russian invasion as “illegal” and “brutal” in dozens of articles and interviews. But I’ve also challenged Canada’s role in provoking and…
View original post 641 more words
3 thoughts on “Dissident Voice: Pro-Israel and Ukraine Groups Use Identity Politics to Attack Free Speech”