William Spaniel, author of “What Caused the Russia-Ukraine War” looks at the explosion at the Crimean Bridge (also known as the Kerch Bridge) providing a direct link between Russia and Crimea. Upon its completion, its 12-mile (19-km) ….
While the takeover of Crimea was nearly bloodless, the situation in eastern Ukraine quickly descended into a state of open warfare that claimed more than 10,000 lives over the next four years.
Upon its completion, the bridge 12-mile (19-km) span made it the longest bridge in Europe, connecting civilians to the bigger country and allowing Russia to transfer supplies and military equipment to the region.
Russian officials and a “senior Ukrainian official” speaking to The New York Times have claimed that the cause of the explosion was a bomb loaded onto a truck. The BBC however claimed it is more likely that the explosion was caused by a maritime drone.[Adams, Paul (9 October 2022). “Crimean bridge: Who – or what – caused the explosion?”. BBC News. Archived from the original on 10 October 2022. Retrieved 10 October 2022.] According to Ukrainska Pravda and the UNIAN (Ukrainian Independent Information Agency), the attack was carried out by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).[“Security Service of Ukraine behind explosion on Crimean bridge”. Ukrainska Pravda. Archived from the original on 8 October 2022. Retrieved 8 October 2022.][“Украинские СМИ со ссылкой на источник сообщили, что взрыв на Крымском мосту – операция СБУ” [Ukrainian media, citing a source, reported that the explosion on the Crimean bridge was an SBU operation.]. Meduza (in Russian). Archived from the original on 8 October 2022. Retrieved 8 October 2022.]
More than a half year into the war, Ukraine still has not targeted it. Why not?
This video gives ten explanations, digging deeper into the underlying strategy of the conflict. 0:00 Why The Crimean Bridge Is Important 1:14 Military Difficulty 3:49 One-Time Cost 6:10 Tit-for-Tat Retaliation 7:29 Monitoring and Intelligence 8:31 Escape Route 9:33 Population Sorting 10:49 Civilian Casualties 11:12 Maintaining Moderates 13:29 Ukraine Wants the Bridge 14:43 Negotiated Settlement 16:59 Bonus Content
The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.
- Russian take-over of Crimea
- Swallowing up Crimea, who is next
- The one who claimed he was not planning an invasion in Ukraine
- The mainstay of Ukrainian statehood
- What are Russia’s four key demands it wants Ukraine to follow?
- Russian army wants to make Ukraine the Syria from Europe
- Bloomberg’s view on Ukraine at the beginning of June 2022
- On Quora: Is it true that Ukraine is overrun with Neo-Nazis?
- Pseudo-referendum, Kerch bridge in Crimea and Ukraine claiming to retrieve what it owns
- Signs of the times – “A new deal with Russia?”
- Signs of the times – “Ukraine under pressure”
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- Putin’s ‘staged atrocity’ plan to justify Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Watch Crisis in Crimea & Ukraine – talk from 2014!
- When Crimean people made their choice
- Crimea votes overwhelmingly to join Russia
- Putin plays dangerous poker game
- Will Ukraine Escape Russian Domination?
- Despicable actions that endanger entire regions and historical monuments in addition to citizens
- Risk of accidental war with Russia highest in decades, general warns
- Russia announces troop withdrawals from Crimea in response to the Ukraine crisis
- Pushing Russia
- Putin accuses Ukraine of ‘terrorism’ over Crimea bridge explosion
- Russia’s Putin accuses Ukraine of bombing Crimea bridge, calls it terrorism
- Putin is INSANE – end of
- Former NATO commander says Kerch Bridge explosion ‘very significant psychologically’
- Vladimir Putin calls blast on Crimea-Russia bridge an ‘act of terror’
- TodayNews Putin Blames Ukraine For Crimea Bridge Blast, Calls It A “Terrorist Act” on Bukkry
- Indigenous Tatars in Annexed Crimea Being Conscripted Into Russian Military
- Putin’s annexation spree has pushed him to the point of no return
- Putin is trying to wipe out Ukraine – “but we are NOT afraid. Together we stand!We’re gathering by the Kremlin HQ in Ireland on 186 Orwell Road at 18:00” – October 10 2022
- Russia strikes Ukraine after key bridge hit
- Putin unlikely to take off-ramp after bridge blast
- Up to a Million People are Deserting Putin’s Imperialist Army – Crimea’s Kerch Bridge Destroyed – Russia is Losing the War in Ukraine
- Germany, US Promise Air Defense Systems For Ukraine After Russia’s Missile Attack
- Russia has detained eight suspects over Crimea bridge blasts: agencies
- Crosshairs 10/12/22
2 thoughts on “Ten Reasons Why Ukraine Hasn’t Destroyed the Crimean Bridge”