Gas prices in Britain surged by 17 per cent on November 16 after Germany suspended approval for a pipeline that would bring more Russian supplies to Europe. Renewed fears of a winter energy crisis sent wholesale prices soaring across the continent over worries that Russia would not increase deliveries of gas through other routes if its Nord Stream 2 pipeline were blocked. Despite such fears, Boris Johnson reiterated Britain’s opposition to Nord Stream 2, which would double Russia’s gas export capacity to central Europe but would also enable Moscow to bypass Ukraine. He told the cabinet that the pipeline could have significant security implications for the region. Germany said yesterday that it was pausing the approval process for the pipeline as the operating company needed to be an independent firm “organised under German law”.
Vladimir Putin has tightened his stranglehold on gas, driving up futures contracts for January by 40pc in barely a week. There is a growing geopolitical crisis in Europe which makes the magnitude of these rises even more serious. Putin has already prepared the ground for the perfect energy squeeze. He took advantage of the world’s post-pandemic gas shortage over the late summer to withhold the top-up flows needed to replenish Europe’s depleted storage. Putin is trying to pressure Germany to switch on the new pipeline. But Germany has pushed back and delayed it. This is pure brinkmanship between East and West. As one commentator put it
“Putin will keep stoking the gas crisis until a frozen Europe begs for mercy, or tears itself apart.”
We know that the EU will unravel at some point / become divided. – from the EU will emerge 10 nations that come together to form a new Holy Roman Empire.
And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. …and in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven setup a kingdom that shall never be destroyed. (Daniel 2:41)
When Christ returns the EU kingdom is DIVIDED.
- Andy Walton’s Weekly World Watch of October 17 – 23, 2021
- Britain in talks to sell missiles in first arms deal with Ukraine
- A Tale Of Three Pipelines
- Pernicious Pipeline Peril: Nord Stream 2, Ukraine, and Western Credibility
- US Senators Initiate New Sanctions Against Nord Stream 2
- The border crisis is another argument against Nord Stream 2
- German Of The Day: Aussetzen
- German agency suspends certification for Nord Stream 2 pipeline after regulator says it does not comply with their law #AceNewsDesk report
- Polish Prime Minister calls on Germany to stop the Nord Stream 2 project | News from Germany about Russia
- Ukraine says will be included in EU consultations on Nord Stream 2 pipeline
- Baltic Pipe approaches goal of reducing Poland’s dependence on Gazprom | Economy in Germany and the World: News and Analytics | Dw
- Belarus: Whether Or Not Putin Is Behind The Border Crisis, It Plays Into Kremlin Hands
- Russia: U.S. sanctions against Nord Stream 2 pipeline are act of war
- Nord Stream 2: Biden waives US sanctions on Russian pipeline – BBC News – AKA, Keystone pipeline BAD, Nord Stream 2 Pipeline GOOD
- …President Biden meets with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky …