Professor Van Gucht went said on Friday evening news:
“The number of infections is at one of its highest levels since the onset of the pandemic. Only during the second wave did we record more infections”.
For me it does not look special, when I consider how few people wear a mouth mask when they should. Also, at the light festival it is ridiculous to see how many visitors do not wear a mouth mask or wear it under their chin (having no use at all) and them not being expelled from the streets. Yesterday there were 240.000 visitors and then there was the responsible woman of the community saying there was no reason to cancel this feast of light, because the city did everything to keep it safe. So, why are police officers not verbalising those people who do not wear a mouth mask?
During the week from 3 to 9 November an average of 10.081 positive coronavirus test results were recorded each day. This is a 39% increase on the 7-day average for the previous week.
On Monday 8 November there were 15.208 positive test results, on Tuesday 9 November this was 12.942. At Friday’s Sciensano press conference the virologist Steven Van Gucht said that only during the height of last autumn’s second wave the number of infections was higher. An average of 83,800 tests were carried out each day between 3 and 9 November. Of these 12.7% were positive.
During the week from 6 to 12 November an average of 207 people with COVID-19 were admitted to Belgian hospitals each day. This is a rise of 21% on the 7-day average for the previous week. On Wednesday 10 November 287 COVID-19 patients were admitted to Belgian hospitals.
There are currently 3,391 patients with COVID-19 that are being cared for in Belgian hospitals, up 29% on a week ago. Of these 487 are on ICUs, a rise of 27% on this time last week.
During the week from 3 to 9 November an average of 23.6 people with COVID-19 died in Belgium each day. This is 9% up of the 7-day average for the previous week. Since the onset of the pandemic in 26,321 people with COVID-19 have died in Belgium.
in these special times people shold be much more aware of the people around them and think more about those health workers who are working against the clock, already more then a year and a half doing their utmost best to safe people from that long disease. But this year lots of people coming unto intensive care could have been avoided to land up in hospital. Their egoist act of not wanting to be injected is making that we still can see so many infections going around in so many countries.
It is no longer acceptable for people who have already been injected to have to pay for lockdowns and restrictive measures because a certain group of the population is resistant to being vaccinated.
Therefore, governments must take more and more accurate measures to better protect the majority of the population (who have been vaccinated).
Those who do not want to have themselves vaccinated on religious grounds, better check Scriptures and read more about our own responsibility and the necessity to do certain things out of love for those around us.
Those who do not want to have a vaccination on medical grounds, that is another matter, where we should also have ears for and excuse such people who are allergic to the drug or who have underlying conditions which make it better not to burden their body with some more work to make antibodies. But some should also take into consideration how we have already more than 100 years of data to support the effectiveness of and a given level of safety on record for traditional vaccinations, antibiotics and precautionary medication to avoid contracting a certain disease. Thus, many years of child suffering have been spared due to the effectiveness of multiple vaccines administered in childhood.
As adults we must do everything that is necessary ourselves to ensure that the virus circulates less.
- Using fears of the deadly coronavirus
- According to Pew Most White Evangelicals Don’t Think COVID-19 is a Medical Crisis
- A new start when the lockdown comes to an end
- Not created to be on our own
- Pain after nearly 50 years’ membership of the European Union
- Three basic commands
- When 1 699 676 people worldwide are infected and the number of deaths had totalled 102 734 in 210 countries or territories
- Religious Resistance against vaccination
- Covid-19 Psalm 19 Isaiah 26 and the Evangelical Proof-Texters
- So many being afraid – reason enough to step in the boat with Christ
- Is it really so?
- The United States simply wasn’t prepared to tackle the Coronavirus
- Europe in Chaos for a Pandemic
- Hollowness of democracy
- CoViD-19 pandemic has taken a toll on all walks of life
- No time yet to relax the CoViD-19 restriction measures
- An infection that seemed to spread with ease
- You’ll Probably Get Covid-19 Eventually. But Avoid It for as Long as You Can.
- Let South America come to you #1 Reasons to stay away from South America
- No Longer ‘Hidden Victims,’ Children Are Dying as Virus Surges in Indonesia
- For some comfort in corona times
- Epictetus: What is in our control?
- What can each individual do to lessen the burden in times of pandemic
- CoViD-19 creating an extraordinary time of need
- Facing challenging times
- A looming danger for youngsters
- Coronavirus, Vaccinations and an Old and New World
- Man vs ‘Terminator’ – The Battle Of Covid 19 Rages Worldwide
- Remembering what happened in the previous influenza pandemic
- CoViD-19 Curation
- Staying at home saves lives
- Vaccinations and anti-vaxers
- Challenges of the Post-Pandemic period
- The Science Says Everyone Needs a COVID-19 Booster Shot—and Soon
- National Heroes Day Message of Deputy Speaker Loren Legarda
- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo his state of the state address
- COVID-19’s Impact on the Mental Health of Non-Frontline Physicians and Physician Assistants
- The WHO has failed in curbing the Covid19 pandemic
- Covid: Coronavirus today, latest news | Merkel begs Germans who have not been vaccinated to reconsider their position
- Russia records daily record of deaths from Covid-19 – News
- Vaccination coverage now 28.68 of target population
- ‘All mask campaign’ yielded positive result: Mizo COVID-19 management experts
- Stay in your lane
- Unmasked and Unhinged
- Brunei in early talks with Malaysia on opening vaccinated travel lane
- And Now, Iowa’s Deer Are A Covid Repository
- mRNA technology, which showed its value in COVID-19 vaccine development, expands its scope : Dong-A Science
- 58 confirmed at Veterans Hospital, death toll rises amid spread
- A Baby Boomer with a Purpose!
- Do lockdowns work?
- Live Music and the Battle with COVID
- Low-Cost Antiviral Fails Phase 3—Bleak Prospects for Economical Repurposed COVID-19 Treatments in North America
- Blood Vessel Damaging Proteins of the SARS-CoV-2
- Women with long COVID may never be able to exercise like they did before illness
- Ontario reports 661 COVID-19 cases, highest case count in the past month
- COVID-19 In Maryland: More Than 900 New Cases & 20 Deaths Reported Saturday As Hospitalizations Drop Below 500
- Draining the Swamp
- Laurel Health hosts pediatric COVID-19 vaccine clinics Nov. Through Dec.
- Religious Liberty Watch: The Fifth Grants Stay Of OSHA Vaccine Mandate
- Amid Pandemic, Pfizer Boosts Vaccine Sales Forecast to $36 Billion
- Warning issued to reduce social interactions as 107 in ICU with Covid-19
- DOH: Vaccines highly effective in breakthrough cases
- Newly Released Documents Show Exactly How Trump Admin. Undermined CDC During Pandemic
- Blog # 106
- People Due for Covid-19 Vaccine Second Dose Barred from Entering Gardens, Buses in Surat
- Wet Paint
- Anti-vaxxers are undermining our success at curbing virus
- Predictable Outcomes and Other Things
- It’s only a theory
- Yuge Flop: Michael Flynn Headlines Sparsely Attended Pro-Trump, Anti-Vaxx Event
- Newsmax Correspondent Gets Benched For Suggesting COVID-19 Vaccines Linked to the Devil
- Religious Exemption
- Difficult Conversations – Open Letter to the Anti-Vaxxers
- Getting There
- Anti-Coders (#SegregationInAction)
- October 30, 2021 Time for a Look Back
- November 8, 2021 Don’t Mess with Mr. In-Between.
- Pro-COVID Republicans Help USA Stay Viral
- In Search of Humanity