Throughout the ages, several people found it interesting to write down their thoughts, but also to write down what happened throughout the day. With discrete entries today, still several people arrange by date reports on what has happened over the course of a day or other period, or of what they thought. Such diaries might include the person’s personal experiences, thoughts, and/or feelings or . The present media tools made that comments on current events outside the writer’s direct experience also could become part of the diary or journal.
Normally a diary is intended to remain private or to have a limited circulation amongst friends or relatives, but at the closing of the previous century, we could see many people presenting their diary in an open or public forum or blog on the internet, or Weblog, online journal where an individual, group, or corporation presents a record of activities, thoughts, or beliefs.
Generally, a “diary” has (or intends to have) daily entries (from the Latin words “dia” and “diurnalis” for ‘day’ and ‘diurnal ‘or ‘journal’), but this does not have to be always the case. When there take place less regular or less frequent writings, one speaks more of journal-writing and a journal, logbook, or blog.
On October the first of the year 2021, the intention was made officially public to offer here at WordPress “Some view on the world“. You could say that Marcus Ampe decided to bring a virtual or electronic logbook or some record-keeping of news gathering or documenting of interesting or attention-demanding events or actions of significance.
At this newly formed place, Marcus Ampe has the intention to regularly cover a wide variety of fields such as politics, religion, environment, business, art, and to bring not only his opinion but share some interesting opinions of others who present their writings also on the net.
Newspapers are typically published daily or weekly, like News magazines. If you shall be able to find here every day a new article, I am not sure of. Weekly you shall find some articles, with labels and tags, but regularly also with some added links, so that you can find other related articles as well.
Besides the aforementioned news, information and opinions, you shall be able to notice I shall do not mind giving some criticism and as such, I do agree that all articles published here and on my other blogs, are in a way presented from my point of view and based on my ethical standard and religious views, and therefore not always so neutral as one could or should find in general newspapers.
No memoir or autobiography
Although a diary may provide information for a memoir, autobiography or biography, you will not find too many personal characteristics revealed here, as it is not my intention to give an insight into my person or to present an autobiography.
My intention is to share some thoughts with you and several readers in order to make several people think about certain topics, which I think definitely need attention in this world. I firmly believe that one has to look at the past and the present and try to understand them in order to work on the future.
Not standing by
We can not just ‘Stand By’, and must remember that in the world there are too many living beings who have no voice and who or what have to be protected. History has known too many periods where people did not dare to speak up and allowed certain horrible things to happen. In future, we should try to avoid such events. Present people with the knowledge of the previous centuries should know that the events and actions that together make up the human past may be part of history but should be avoided to repeat when they were or are not desired. For that reason on “My Space” I like to study and make some description of those happenings (or try to commit me to historiography).
Dutch version / Nederlandstalige versie: Neergeschreven gedachten
Please read also:
- Journal for you
- Journal for and from bothered citizens
- Joseph Pulitzer’s Retirement Speech & The Traits of Journalism
- From MSN Groups and MSN Spaces via Multiply to Blogspot now transferring to WordPress
- Texts, writers, accessibility and willingness
- We should all be writing
- Readers, likes and comments
- A magazine with Each month a true story
- Changing screens
- Fake News Goes Back to the Garden of Eden says Pope Francis I
- Women in Ministry? Read the Journals
- Fined for typewritingIt Wasn’t So Funny for HugheyJoseph Pulitzer’s Retirement Speech & The Traits of Journalism
- Statement by CWA Canada President Martin O’Hanlon on harassment of journalists
- Let’s Go To The Papers
- Blogging and broadcasting!
- ‘Hard News’ vs ‘Soft News’
- Hard News and Soft News
- Hard News and Soft News (by Isobel M)
- Anecdote vs data
- Please learn to use the tools that you have
- Americans Deeply Value the First Amendment and Freedom of the Press
- How a magazine is produced
- What qualities can a journalist bring to copywriting?
- Editor’s Corner: My Journalistic Journey
- NewsVision is Honored at Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence Awards
- The 2021 Nobel peace prize is a rare win for journalists
- Awarding the Nobel to Journalists Recognizes the Growing Repression of Media
- The Truth Matters
- Forgotten by the news
- Nobel Peace Prize awarded to journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov
- The Respect Journalists Deserve
- [Journalism] The Media Institute of the Caribbean and Internews organise a virtual training programme entitled “Journalism Perspectives on Covering Crises”
- Being An Editor: Harder Than It Looks
- The Write Creed E25: Freelancing in India? How much should you charge for your creatives?
- Social Media
- Publishing my Journal
- Writing a Diary/Journal: 7.1-1972 onwards…DP
- The Joy of Visitors: Blogging Oversight…
- Start Where you are
- Qualms: An inevitable part of blogging?
- The Grove
- Things That Make Me Wish I Wasn’t A Blogger
- The bittersweet taste of traditional publishing
- The Empathy Library
- Embroidery Journaling: Supplies
- 20 Things That Will Make a Blogger Happy #Bloggers #BloggingGals
- Blogaholic Status: The Drawbacks to Blogging!
- Blogging as myself and the need to insist upon firm boundaries!
- The Reason Why People “Like” But They Don’t Comment
- 4 years of blogging: my highlights
- BFF (Blog Friends Forever): Cover to Cover
- Weekly Journal Prompts #7I love daydreaming, celebrating the little pleasures of life!
- Get Yourself a Pocketful of Yes.
- Interactive Content
- Looking More Manual
- Blog Post: Journaling
- Node.js Stream
- The Sunday Paper: Chapter 30
- The Sunday Paper: Chapter 31
- For The “Writers”
- We Cannot Stand By
- Christian Journal Topic