The Word of God in the Old Testament or Hebrew Writings as well as in the New Testament or Greek Messianic Writings speaks about people who had a faith or certain belief in a Higher Power, the Most High Maker Elohim Hashem Jehovah.
We can see or read that faith has something to do with having a belief in things that we are not sure of and of things we can not see. When there is faith present than this means that person is being sure of the things he or she hopes for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it. For those people having faith \”Faith\” is the reason they remember great people who lived in the past, like Enoch, Noah, Abraham who were all great people who died in faith and whose stories are told in the set-apart or Holy Scriptures.
Those great people whose stories can be an example for us did things because they believed in them and believed in the One for Whom they did it. The Nazarene man Jeshua (Jesus Christ) also had such a strong belief in the One Whom sent him, that he was prepared to put his own will aside to do the Will of his heavenly Father, the Only One True God of Israel. He totally trusted his heavenly Father and asked us also to trust Him Who had sent him.
With our belief in Jesus we should trust in what Jesus told us and in what his heavenly Father has to offer us. Looking at figures as Sarah, King David, Isaiah, Jeremiah we can find reason enough to believe in their writings and find Zechariah and other prophets telling us about what we might expect in the near future, the Messiah bringing us a world of peace.
Looking at Scriptures we may find assurance that all the prophesies told in it which did not come true shall also come true as the other accomplished. We can live by hope that it shall not be, not for nothing to live a sanctified life and to have put our hope on the yet unseen with the absolute conviction that there are realities we have never seen but may be sure of that they shall come true.
It was by faith that our forebears were approved. Through faith we understand that the universe was created by the Word of God; everything we now see was fashioned from that which is invisible.
Faith begins as hope and indeed is unseen; so many doubt that it is real. The bible gives all the answers we need to know and provides the proof that faith is a reality that can be trusted.
Please read also Hebrews 11 and the following articles
- Devotees and spotters
- Are there certain books essential to come to faith
- Looking to the East and the West for Truth
- Israeli leaders delight in Europe’s cruelty toward refugees
- Islam says it admires faith based on logic, what about the others
- Honest-hearted people are losing faith in humanity and humanity losing faith in God
- No insurmountable obstacles to come to know God
- Challenging claim 2 Inspired by God 1 Simple words
- Challenging claim 4 Inspired by God 3 Self-consistent Word of God
- Miracles of revelation and of providence 1 Golden Thread and Revelation
- Disobedient man and God’s promises
- God’s forgotten Word 5 Lost Lawbook 4 The ‘Catholic’ church
- Cognizance at the doorstep or at the internet socket
- Daily Spiritual Food To prepare ourselves for the Kingdom of God
- Knowing The Truth and Loving The Truth
- The Right One to follow and to worship
- Omniscient God opposite a not knowing Jesus
- Meaning of Sacrifice
- For The Love of Stuff
- Matthew 6:1-34 – The Nazarene’s Commentary on Leviticus 19:18 Continued 2 Prayer and neighbour love
- Matthew 8:5-13 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Servant of Army Officer Healed
- Matthew 9:18-26 – What others say about Jesus knowing how to care for people
- Redemption #7 Christ alive in the faithful
- God has not destined us for wrath
- Hope by faith and free gift
- Memorizing wonderfully 3 Practical Tips for Memorizing Scripture
- Leaving the Old World to find better pastures
- Like grasshoppers
- With all your heart
- Establish your hearts blameless in holiness
- When having found faith through the study of the Bible we do need to do works of faith
- Do those who want to follow Christ to be Jews
- The works we have to do according to James